Support Officer – Resources
Enable Medair’s life-saving work by supporting Medair UK’s finance & support activities in accordance with our values and quality standards, in support of the mission of the organisation. This includes ensuring the smooth operation and administration of Medair UK’s finance, HR, IT and Office Management while upholding the values and Christian distinctiveness of the organisation.
Be responsible for the administration of Medair UK’s finances, HR, IT and office management ensuring all internal policies and requirements are met.
Support the Head of Resources in ensuring that these functions are delivered effectively while promoting Medair’s values and Christian-distinctiveness internally and externally.
Medair United Kingdom
Medair UK is an affiliate of the Swiss-based humanitarian organisation, Medair, which brings life-saving relief and recovery to communities devastated by natural disasters, conflicts, and other crises. Together, we work in some of the most remote and difficult places on earth, empowering people to build a better future. Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality.
Reports to Head of Resources. Collaborates with other Medair UK colleagues on Finance, HR, IT, Office Management, Governance as well as liaising with relevant functions in the Global Support Office as appropriate. Liaising with external suppliers and contractors. May be required to represent Medair UK at occasional external events and forums relating finances and resources.
Workplace & Conditions
Based in Kennington, South West London. Only those eligible to work in the UK can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible, Part Time, Permanent.
£27,594 pro rata (Part Time 22.5hrs per week).
Key Activity Areas
- Inputting of all financial data (Income and expenditure) into Quick Books.
- Preparing and following up suppliers invoices for payment.
- Implementing the month end reconciliation process for both Salesforce and Quick Books.
- Reconciling suppliers account with invoices paid.
- Reconciling cash books with bank statements.
- Managing the banking of income and supporter cheques.
- Tracking all purchase orders ensuring sure they are correctly inputted into Quick Books and fulfilled.
- Organising and co-ordinating staff and volunteer inductions ensuring that the induction checklist is completed, all required information has been received, a buddy has been appointed and induction meetings with key staff with key staff have been arranged.
- Ensuring offer letters, contracts and volunteer agreements are accurately prepared and disbursed in a timely manner.
- Running monthly payroll, pension and processing of expenses claims.
- Working with managers to ensure key HR management dates such as probationary period end dates, annual appraisal and professional development plan dates are met.
- Administering the performance review process making sure that all staff performance reviews are completed.
- Organising and booking training for staff and co-ordinating team away days.
- Maintaining the on-line and hard copy of staff files making sure that key documents are signed. (Staff contract, amendments to contract etc.)
- Ensuring the maintenance of the IT system making sure IT support is provided quickly.
- Liaising with the Global Support Office IT Helpdesk team to ensure the timely set up of IT for new staff and volunteers – i.e. setting up email addresses, and relevant permissions.
- Ensuring that IT permissions are current, and that these are amended as and when staff and volunteers leave.
- Handling minor in-house IT technical issues for staff and volunteers. (Trouble shooting).
- Managing the Medair UK office cleaning contract.
- Managing and order office supplies, stationeries, equipment’s etc.
- Providing administrative support to ensure the effective functioning of the Medair UK board including, trustee recruitment, and all administration required to ensure effective board meetings, including the distribution of board papers and taking board minutes.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
- Contributing to the general operation and activities of the Medair UK team, attending meetings as required, sharing knowledge and expertise.
Tasks common to all staff
- Acting as an ambassador for Medair UK at all times when liaising externally and internally.
- Ensuring consistent implementation of the Medair brand across all relevant activities.
- Recording information as necessary and complying at all times with requirements for handling personal / sensitive data.
- Degree level or by experience.
- Recognised Accounting Qualification such as AAT (desirable).
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Good office management / financial management.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, inc. Excel.
- General IT troubleshooting / problem solving.
- Excellent written communicator; capable planner with great attention to detail.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to handle a wide and varied workload and work on own initiative.
- Strong team player; willingness to share information, encourage others and lead team prayer meetings.
- Capable of working in a multi¬cultural environment.
- Inspired by and in full agreement with Medair’s Christian values and ethos
- Experience in charity sector.
- Experience in relief / development work.
- Some project management experience.
- Some knowledge or experience in the HR, IT or Office Management disciplines
- Knowledge of Quick Books, fundraising database(s) e.g. Salesforce.
- Understanding of humanitarian issues.
- Excellent spoken communicator.
Please email a covering letter (maximum of two pages) explaining your motivation for applying and your proven aptitude for the role, together with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Thursday 7th February 2019, with the email title “Support Officer-Resources”. Please also state where you saw the job advertised.
NOTE: In order to maintain the organisation’s Christian ethos, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this Medair UK position to be a committed Christian.