Senior IT Security & Infrastructure Specialist
Switzerland Global Support Office
Hold two key skills sets, in ICT Infrastructure and in Cyber Security. Help drive Medair into the 21st century, and design and build a strong ICT foundation based on Azure AD. Medair works in many countries where internet connectivity is not at ideal levels. This role will co-ordinate with IT focal points in our country programs to bring internet connectivity up to optimum levels in order to leverage our cloud server strategy. The role will also hold a strong understanding of Cyber Security principals, will monitor security systems, analyse data/logs and detect security incidents. Further, the role will investigate new technologies and processes to enhance Medair’s cyber security capabilities and implement these improvements.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify our people to people strategy. We provide a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including our country programs in the strategic design of our systems, and we deliver services locally where practical to ensure that we meet the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues.
The Security and Infrastructure team sets the strategic direction for Medair’s roadmap of security and infrastructure across our country programs, and implements and supports the technologies required to ensure our people to people approach.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Need to travel to country program location up to a total of 14 weeks per year.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
- For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
March 2020. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Network & Infrastructure
- In collaboration with the ITS Manager, provide strategic direction for Medair’s infrastructure roadmap and ensure that future implementations are fit for purpose.
- Provide technical expertise for Cloud Services, Azure, Azure AD, Intune, Meraki Routers and internet connectivity across all country programs, including on-site consultations within country programs.
- Deliver technical solutions by:
- Studying the feasibility, testing, validating and implementing new solutions.
- Coordinating and supervising 3rd party vendors.
- Assessing and implementing appropriate backup, monitoring solutions ensuring full visibility and recovering ICT infrastructure.
- Documenting solutions and storing documentation in shared folders.
- Apply system security engineering principles to deliver real solutions to enhance the protection of data, systems, and networks.
- Design and implement Risk Management Framework (RMF)-based policies and procedures, and develop comprehensive cyber security processes.
- Update, sustain and administer a high level of security for in-house security infrastructure.
- Partake in change processes, review technical designs, system integrations, develop test-cases, and document the work.
- Design network security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs.
- Work with Security Advisor on non-cyber security related incidents, plans and systems.
- Develop cyber security awareness campaigns and develop, manage, and maintain training material.
Operations & End User Support
- Provide daily operations of ICT security and infrastructure with 2nd level troubleshooting of cyber security and network problems.
- Ensure monitoring, backup and recovery process functionality.
- Provide 2nd level hardware and software support to Country Programs and GSO users.
- Help research, recommend, implement and develop solutions supporting end-user requests.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Ensure that the organisation knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Provide regular reporting to management.
- Prepare and provide internal training to the user of implemented solutions.
- Act as a point of contact in case of end-user questions.
- Manage and follow up 3rd party vendor questions concerning applications and hardware solutions.
- Have an overview of the performance of existing ICT systems and solution and propose changes to improve systems efficiency.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science/Engineering or related field. ICT Certifications (OS, Networking, Security) required.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- 5-8 years of experience in ICT, experience with NGO desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the cyber security domain.
- Self-propelled person that likes to work.
- Willingness to work for the mission of Medair.
- Servant Leadership.
- Challenging others and being challenged in return.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and resilient team player with a positive attitude.
- Can-do attitude when tackling day-to-day tasks.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values
- Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices
- Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).