Senior Information & Communication Technology Specialist
Switzerland Global Support Office
Provide strategic direction for Medair’s future infrastructure needs. The role leads the implementation of infrastructure projects, and ensures that Medair has the most appropriate ICT infrastructure to enable our teams to perform their work in the most effective and efficient way within the constraints of the specific contexts.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify our people to people strategy. We provide a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including our country programs in the strategic design of our systems, and we deliver services locally where practical to ensure that we meet the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues.
The Security and Infrastructure team sets the strategic direction for how Medair’s roadmap of security and infrastructure across our country programs, and implements and supports the technologies required to ensure our people to people approach.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
- For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Implementation of Infrastructure Projects
- In collaboration with the ITS Manager and the Cyber Security Engineer, provides strategic direction for Medair’s infrastructure roadmap and ensures that future implementations are fit for purpose.
- Builds business case and creates project plan for each project initiative so that the benefits, costs, resource needs and time lines can be clearly explained to management and there is proper buy-in from the user community.
- Leads implementation of approved ICT infrastructure projects within the agreed budget, timeline, and quality.
- Manages project stakeholders including GSO, country programs and 3rd party vendors.
- Monitors project execution progress.
- Provides regular project reporting to ITS management.
ICT Technical Solutions
- Delivery of ICT technical solutions by feasibility study, testing, validation and implementation of new solutions.
- Cooperation and supervision of 3rd party vendors.
- Assessment and implementation of appropriate backup and monitoring solutions ensuring full visibility and recovery of ICT infrastructure.
- Documents solutions and store documentation in shared folders.
ICT Infrastructure Operations
- Provides daily operations of ICT infrastructure with 2nd level troubleshooting.
- Ensures monitoring, backup and recovery process functionality.
- Provides regular reporting to management.
End user support
- Provides 2nd level hardware and software support to Country Programs and GSO users.
- Helps research, recommend, implement and develop solutions supporting end-user requests.
- Prepares and provides internal training to the user of implemented solutions.
- Act as a point of contact in case of end-user questions.
- Management and follow-up of 3rd party vendor questions concerning applications and hardware solutions.
- The holder of this position is required to have an overview of the performance of existing ICT systems and solution and propose changes to improve systems efficiency.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- IT education supported by practice in ICT infrastructure. Bachelor degree in IT or computer science desirable. ICT Certifications (OS, Networking, Security, Cloud) desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- 5-8 years of experience in ICT, experience with NGO desirable.
- 2-3 year experience implementing complex Infrastructure Projects.
- Self-propelled person that likes to work.
- Willingness to work for the mission of Medair.
- Servant Leadership.
- Challenging others and being challenged in return.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and resilient team player with a positive attitude.
- Can-do attitude when tackling day-to-day tasks.