Switzerland Global Support Office
Implement Medair’s International recruitment strategy, sourcing candidates through various channels, planning interviews, selecting ROC participants and ensuring the preparation of the ROC is completed in a timely manner. The Recruitment Assistant provides input into the development of long-term recruiting strategies, supports the recruitment partners, nurtures trusting relationships with alumni and potential candidates and liaises with HR Partners to support internal talent promotion.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people.The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of the Medair recruitment strategy, policy and guidelines together with the Recruitment Team Leader and Recruitment Partners.
- Provides input into the analysis of recruitment activities to provide ROI statistics and improvement possibilities for recruitment targeting and results.
- Deliver and use the selection process for new / vacant positions.
- Screen applications at the primary interaction level, and progress successful candidates through the subsequent application stages. Customer service based approach to candidates and staff.
- Present participants for the ROC: pre-selected candidates for a job and selected candidates for Medair Talent pool (Post ROC).
- Manage relationships with key potential candidates in Devex, LinkedIn or other online databases.
- Make candidate connections and build relationships to feed into the recruitment process.
Emergency Response recruitment
- Provide support in the management of the Emergency Response Pool and email, ensuring interested and approved candidates are included and relevant selection criteria are up to date.
Recruitment Database management
- Contribute to the management of the Medair recruitment database system and ensure it is kept up to date on candidate selection criteria and availability.
- Facilitate and promote use of the database and reports among all HR staff.
- Research and develop key contact information within the recruitment database to support recruitment activities and communications.
- Ensure data is utilised according to GDPR requirements.
Relationship and Talent management
- Manage ongoing relationship with Alumni and candidates who have passed the ROC (maintain contact, match current and future opportunities identification with candidate availabilities).
- Contribute to relationship management in other Medair alumni networks (prayer, funding, Media…).
ROC Support/Planning/ Delivery
- Plan and prepare all stages of the ROC, including all preparation for participants and staffing needs.
- Engage and support the ROC, incl. preparation, planning, communication and administration.
- Be an active contributor in maintaining the quality in ROC management within rotating ROC teams.
- Deliver quality support throughout the whole ROC process, including planning of dates in collaboration with the Rec TL, and in accordance with the GSO annual calendar.
- Continually improve on key processes, policies, procedures and information systems, through problem solving and new initiatives, in collaboration with the HR colleagues and stakeholders.
- Engage and collaborate on assigned HR projects, track progress and deliver outputs on schedule.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in HR or a related field.
- HR certification or Master in a related field of operation (optional).
- Good English and French (oral & written).
- Previous exposure to professional social networks (Linkedin, Xing…).
- Experience in supporting hiring managers, process-building, planning and execution, with deadlines.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft office Environment.
- Working experience with an HRIS is a plus. Experience with applicants tracking system.
- Experience as an HR generalist/ business partner will be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of humanitarian sector or previous position in an INGO is a plus.
- Ability to work and analyze data. Organization and time management skills.
- Driven and result-oriented with a positive attitude. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong and long term relationships.