Project Support Manager
Support many activities related to the programme, base and support. On a day-to-day basis the Programme Support Manager (PSM) carries out a variety of functions related to the programme and support needs carried out in line with Medair policies and procedures and according to any applicable donor, GSO or field guidelines. The Project Support Manager is key to the efficient and effective running of the Renk Programme.
This role is responsible for the organization and management of HR/Administrative, logistics and financial processes required ensuring the Renk programme functions effectively and with integrity.
Multi-sector relief programme including: provision of Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene Promotion and Water and Sanitation across Renk County in South Sudan. The goal is to contribute to reducing morbidity and mortality in vulnerable communities in South Sudan.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Renk, South Sudan.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
November 2019. Full time, 18-24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Project Support Management
- Ensure the smooth running of the base including line managing the cooks, guards and cleaners.
- Supervise all financial activities to ensure all cash management needs, reporting , salary payments, etc. are timely and that internal and external audit requirements are met.
- Manage HR at a local level. Support line managers in recruitment, inductions, training, appraisals, etc.
- Line manage the Finance Support Officer and Logistics Assistant to promote their growth.
- Ensure all national and international legal requirements relating to employment are adhered to.
- Ensure accurate and efficient procedures are maintained in logistics, particularly in the areas of procurement, warehousing/inventories, fleet management and transportation.
- Coordinate and book charter flights for transport of personnel and cargo between Juba and Renk.
- Plan and coordinate weekly movements of vehicles to facilitate transport of staff and cargo.
- Manage the effective running of the fleet (maintenance, mileage and fuel logs).
- Prepare and develop budgets for support and shared costs. Manage and track expenditure of the Renk base budget by ensuring spending is in accordance with time frames and adjust spending if required.
- Oversee and guide construction and maintenance projects for base and project facilities development.
- Equipment management: keep track of equipment by maintaining the Equipment Inventory List.
- Provide support in managing security incidents as required, including the writing of incident reports.
- Draw up, manage and periodically review contracts between Medair and external suppliers, ensuring they remain valid and relevant and that the terms and conditions are followed.
- Submit accurate and timely internal reports. Contribute on request to external reports.
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is in place for all Renk related transactions.
- Maintain responsibility for the approval and prompt payment of all base related bills / invoices.
- Manage and oversee the assigned staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisal, etc.
- Hold regular team meetings with line managed staff; reviewing team and individual objectives and ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work.
- Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of support related activities and requirements.
- Ensure clear communication lines and good functional relationships between the programmes staff and the support staff.
- Develop and implement systems to improve transparency and to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud. Carry-out regular inspections and spot-checks, both on systems and on-going work.
- Develop procedures for improving the management and stewardship of resources.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
Everyone who works as an Internationally Recruited Staff in one of our field programmes must first successfully complete the Medair ROC. Read more for information, dates and related costs.
- 2 years post-qualification management experience in a relevant profession.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferably a in a finance and logistics position and/or programme support/assistance.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and HAP Standards.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of Microsoft tools.
- Excellent project management skills. Good budget design and management skills. Good negotiation skills. Problem solving ability.
- Good understanding of cash management and financial planning/ logistics systems & procurement.