Programme Funding Manager
Responsible for tracking the progress of proposals and reports, researching new funding sources and supporting the Country Representative in donor relationship management as required. Providing strategic support, monitoring, review and evaluation of all aspects of Medair programmes, the Programme Funding Manager (PFM) plays a key role in grant management and coordination, including proposal writing, reporting and donor representation. He/she also provides day to day management of two Beirut office-based Data collection assistants.
Medair Lebanon is a programme dealing predominantly with the needs of Syrian refugees and their Lebanese host communities since 2012. The main activities are in the Bekaa Valley with small scale interventions in Mount Lebanon. Medair Lebanon operates in the sectors of shelter, health, and humanitarian mapping, formerly WASH, as well as M&E and Information Management. The main field office is in Zahle, while the capital office is in Hazmieh (Beirut).
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Hazmieh, Beirut, Lebanon.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 18 to 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Donor Relations Management
- Maintain efficient donor relationship management with all new and existing donors.
- Administer the drafting and presentation of all proposals, operational and financial reports related to the country programme, in collaboration with the relevant senior field managers and HQ (“Global Support Office”) staff.
- Maintain analysis of institutional donor, humanitarian policy and practice, and funding opportunities.
- Coordinate with partners to agree content of new funding proposals, and ensuring partners are aware of donor requirements and their obligations towards these, and that appropriate systems, including financial and monitoring and evaluation systems, are in place.
- Ensuring that best practice is communicated, followed and shared in all aspects of grants management.
- Develop and maintain good relations with the in-country representatives of relevant funding partners.
- Dissemination of Lebanon programme deadlines, calendars and other similar information needs.
- Ensure accurate programme information for internal and external communication materials.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a relevant and sustainable country strategy.
- Support the Project Coordinator in continuing to develop new project ideas and funding opportunities
Grant Management & Development
- Coordinate and track institutional donor proposals and reports, to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for in-country management entries and updates in the Portfolio Project database.
- Liaising with in-country Deputy Country Director and Project Coordinator, the Institutional Donor Relations, Finance & Communications and Fundraising teams in HQ to coordinate and consolidate the preparation of timely narrative and financial reports for donors.
- Establishing appropriate systems and procedures to ensure the compliance with donor contracts.
- Represent Medair at country-level and INGO meetings, as required.
- Monitor the project budget management and expenditure, in collaboration with field managers and HQ staff. Ensuring budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations and within the appropriate timeframe
- Responsible for project implementation to meet institutional donor requirements and in accordance with Medair, donor, country and international standards e.g. Sphere and Core Humanitarian Standards, WHO, etc.
- Action relevant advice from HQ regarding institutional donor project quality and technical guidelines.
- Regularly provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of interventions during field visits.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of activities, implementing corrective actions as required.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Management / Development Studies / Business Administration or in a relevant technical subject.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written), knowledge of Arabic is appreciated.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
Everyone who works as an Internationally Recruited Staff in one of our field programmes must first successfully complete the Medair ROC. Read more for information, dates and related costs.
- 1 years post-qualification experience in a complex humanitarian emergency.
- Experience in dealing with donors and government officials.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills; manage relationships with donors.
- Numerate and able to work with project budgets, financial reports and financial management systems.
- M&E experience; experience of maintaining grant management systems.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and Core Humanitarian Standards, guidelines and protocols.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills; Problem solver, dynamic and mature.