Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Work to ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems are consistently integrated and implemented throughout Medair’s programme activities. This involves: creating, developing, and supporting programme teams to use Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) systems to collect, aggregate and analyse data; and playing a key role in ensuring that the reporting needs of key stakeholders are met. As beneficiary accountability focal point, they champion beneficiary accountability within the organisation and work with programme staff to ensure that beneficiary feedback is taken into account at all stages of project design and implementation.
Emergency health projects targeting displaced, war affected and vulnerable populations in Eastern Congo. WASH interventions in health centres and as part of a health emergency response, opening humanitarian access to remote areas.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Goma, DR Congo.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 24 months contract
Key Activity Areas
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Lead the on-going development of an M&E system and tools to enable all projects to collect, aggregate and support analysis of data, in order to meet all relevant reporting requirements and to facilitate and inform project management.
- Advise and support project managers on choice of indicators and development of monitoring plans.
- Co-ordinate implementation of the M&E system, M&E tools, and project monitoring plans, including training and support for project managers and field teams, support data analysis and usage.
- Lead on design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection such as needs assessments, KPC surveys using recognised methods of data collection. Liaise with consultants for new survey methodologies if not experienced. Work with staff to develop and standardize survey tools and other data collection forms for monitoring programmes.
- Train relevant programmes staff on M&E tools, data collection and analysis and basic surveying and sampling techniques.
- Participate in country quarterly and strategy meetings, and provide input into the design and evaluation of the country strategy.
- Responsible for advising on institutional donor requirements and Medair, donor, country and international standards e.g. Sphere, CHS and HAP standards, WHO recommendations, etc.
Beneficiary Accountability / Donor Communications
- Promote the principles and practices of beneficiary accountability to colleagues, providing training and coaching in beneficiary feedback and other good practices as required.
- Provide support for project managers, with input from field and HQ sector advisors, to develop M&E elements of donor proposals and reports, including provision of monitoring plans, project data, and reports on progress towards indicators.
- Line-manage the M&E Officers and any additional temporary or surge capacity staff, including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Graduate Degree in public health, international development or other relevant social science.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
Everyone who works as an Internationally Recruited Staff in one of our field programmes must first successfully complete the Medair ROC. Read more for information, dates and related costs.
- Post-qualification management experience in a relevant profession.
- 2 years of management including report writing.
- 1 year of experience managing a humanitarian M&E system including supervising household surveys.
- Proficiency using SPSS, STATA, EPI-INFO and/or SMART –ENA software.
- Problem solving ability, excellent communicator, good numerical and report writing skills.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills. Coaching and training skills.
- Strong leadership skills. Consultative management style. Accountable decision maker.