Learning and Development Partner (L&D)
Switzerland Global Support Office
Advises on, develops and implements Medair’s global Learning and Development (L&D) strategy and plans; Contributes to the development and strengthening of the HR Department which is charged with helping Medair attract, develop and retain a workforce able to fully deliver Medair’s mission of relieving human suffering.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff. Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people as well as manage and develop Medair’s people, culture and organisational capacity.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office, Ecublens, Switzerland with up to 20% field visits.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
Application deadline: 14th February.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Learning and Development strategy
- Develop and implement Medair’s L&D strategy and objectives, alongside key stakeholders, to support the achievement of organisational and team goals.
- Deliver and lead on the continuous improvement of L&D in Medair, ensuring it meets the needs of the organisation and is in line with our values.
- Provide guidance and advice to key partners in the organisation to ensure staff are fully equipped to perform in their role and to develop into potential future roles.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and ROI of Learning and Development initiatives.
- Coordinate and/or collate Medair’s learning and development agenda/calendar on an annual basis of learning events facilitated by the Global Support Office, ensuring visibility of cross-functional L&D initiatives as well as leading to maximised resource utilisation.
- Design, plan and deliver L&D activities/programmes when necessary.
- Coordinate, promote, and raise the profile of L&D within Medair, including increasing awareness of L&D interventions and promoting a blended learning approach.
- Ensure that the learning management system is kept updated and is made user friendly and accessible.
- Work in close collaboration with the Talent Development Partner.
- Supports by advising, coaching, conducting learning needs analysis and partnering with key stakeholders including HR Partners, technical specialists, Line-managers, and Senior Leaders on organisational needs related to Learning and Development.
- Line manage L&D Assistant (development plan, performance management)
- Serve on HR Management team
- This position requires the use of innovative techniques and a creative mindset to drive the organisational L&D agenda and initiatives across Medair, particularly with a limited budget.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification or experience.
- Human Resources /Learning and development qualification desirable
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French is an asset.
- 5 or more years of relevant professional experience in learning, training and development.
- Previous L&D experience, preferably working in a cross-cultural setting.
- Experience and practice of diagnosis, design, delivery and measurement of L&D initiatives.
- Competent user of a learning management system.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent facilitation and training delivery skills. Coaching skills. Strong leadership.
- Advanced planning and project coordination. Command of problem-solving methodology.
- Knowledgeable in the emerging and current trends in L&D and how to apply them.
- Driven and passionate to develop others, with entrepreneurial skills to drive improvements.
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks, prioritizing and delegating. Thorough with attention to detail.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively cross-functionally and across all levels.
- Able to work independently, is self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Team player.