Support Medair’s information management processes in the DRC. You will be called on to manage data for a variety of sectors, including WASH, nutrition, infrastructure and health and to help manage M&E indicators for each sector. On a day-to-day basis you would be involved in a wide variety of activities involving computer programming, data management, report creation, monitoring and evaluation.
Emergency health and nutrition projects targeting displaced, conflict-affected and vulnerable populations in the DRC. WASH interventions in health centres and as part of a health emergency response. Opening humanitarian access to remote areas through roads and bridges.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo, with frequent travel to field sites.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
Data Collection & Data Entry
- Developing and updating Open Data Kits (ODK) forms to ensure high quality data collection.
- Keeping ODK training material up to date.
- Providing practical training for data enumerators and supervisors.
- Entering data into appropriate forms when necessary.
- Develop organizational capacity for multimedia and information alerting usage.
Data Protection and Data Management
- Be responsible for data accuracy and data cleaning.
- Implementing beneficiary data protection protocols.
Computer Programming & Tech Development
- Developing technical capacity with new tools and assisting others in the team to follow.
- Test, evaluate, and implement new technologies as necessary.
Data Analysis, Visualization, and M&E Reporting
- Analyse data to produce relevant indicators.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation reporting.
- Using GIS, QLIK and other relevant software to produce information visuals.
- Produce automated Qlik Sense reports.
- Contribute information visuals to internal and external reporting.
Communication & Training
- Regular team communication and contribution.
Recruit, train and manage teams of NRS enumerators.
- Follow appropriate IM standards and integrate lessons learned into the projects.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification
- Degree in Computer Programming, Database Management, Systems & Computing (desirable).
- Strong working knowledge of French (spoken and written) as well as English.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
Everyone who works as an Internationally Recruited Staff in one of our field programmes must first successfully complete the Medair ROC. Read more for information, dates and related costs.
- Relevant professional experience working with information management (1 year).
- Experience using data for reporting purposes.
- Experience in use of tablets & smartphones and associated software.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Problem solving ability. Attention to detail. Capacity to manage personal stress levels.
- Aptitude, willingness and ability to learn data analysis and data management packages.
- Able to build trust and enforce procedures. Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Diplomatic and sensitive to humanitarian issues. Enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
- Key Profiles & Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).