Responsible for the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) of the country programme including Juba base and field locations.
Multi-sector relief programme including: provision of Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene Promotion, Water and Sanitation and NFI & Emergency Shelter distributions across fixed and emergency response locations throughout South Sudan.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Country Programme South Sudan.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 to 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Provide ICT hardware and software support to all project locations by:
- Imaging and repairing laptops as required.
- Maintaining printers and other peripherals in good working order.
- Troubleshooting problems with hardware and software, finding quick and cost-effective solutions that is suitable for the context.
- Monitor and develop the in-country ICT Strategy, ensuring it remains relevant and applicable to the local context.
- Develop the in-country ICT Policy, in line with the Global Support Offices (GSO) ICT Policy and in consultation with the field management team.
- Support the management of ICT related assets through budgeting, procurement and tracking.
- Ensure all laptops are correctly and appropriately configured with the necessary software.
- Authorise technical specifications, purchase and implementation of ICT equipment in line with the project budgets, and in consultation with the field management team and both GSO ICT and Logistics Department.
- Support and capacity build staff with knowledge of ICT basics.
- Provide appropriate ICT training for Medair staff, through one-to-one coaching and taught sessions. This may include basic introduction to Windows and Office Applications and basic troubleshooting.
- Train staff on the systems used within Medair; ensuring accurate data entry and the importance of flow of information.
- Support staff in understanding and the functionality of Medair systems.
- Working closely with the ICT Focal Points in the field to support them and provide guidance when necessary.
- Hardware knowledge including laptops, printers, network routers, switches.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating System (7 and 10) and Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Information Management; data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of Google Docs.
- Microsoft Office Applications.
- Project Management experience.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Technical degree in a relevant subject.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
Everyone who works as an Internationally Recruited Staff in one of our field programmes must first successfully complete the Medair ROC. Read more for information, dates and related costs.
- Experienced in ICT Infrastructure development, processes and information flow.
- 2+ years in ICT.
- NGO experience.
- Work experience in Information Technology, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Can prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to best practice.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- Able to cope with basic living conditions in the field and during field trips.