Human Resources and Finance Manager
Oversee the financial and HR activities of the programme. Responsibility for the accounting functions required to provide accurate and timely information on the financial status of the programme to donors, Hosting NGO and Global Support Office (GSO), field management and field teams according to the agreed on timelines and formats. Organise and further develop the financial processes, managing the finance team, providing coaching and training as required. Recruitment of national HR staff, staff policy development, co-ordination of training and general staff well-being. The Finance and HR Manager also works with field management and GSO on in-country issues for internationally recruited staff.
Medair is working under the registration of World Concern (WC) in Bangladesh and therefore World Concern is the legal representative of Medair with the Bangladesh National and local authorities. Medair has one main based in Court Bazar and one representation office in Cox`s Bazar. The Country Program has three ongoing projects Nutrition, Health and Shelter with a potential of adding a Water and Sanitation Project depending on funding. The main aim of our project is to provide essential services to the Rohingya.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Court Bazar, Bangladesh.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Establish and maintain internal financial procedures compatible with the country’s law, World Concern financial procedures, Medair financial procedures and donor’s requirements.
- Work with and support Budget Holders in budget preparations, revisions, monitoring and follow ups
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash advances reconciliations, monthly cashbooks closing and timely submission of accounts to GSO finance desk.
- Responsible for the preparation of draft financial reports for grants implemented and submitting these for the revision of under or over spending and the explanation to be provided to the donors.
- Ensure a controlled and smooth cash flow managing process for the Country Program- promptly advising when replenishment of banks accounts or safe (cash) in the field is necessary.
- Prepare for, manage and support internal and external field financial audits.
- Country Programme focal point for IRS and NRS staff Labour report (LR) monthly exercise.
- Train the local team in basic accounting records and reporting.
Human Resources Management for Nationally Recruited Staff
- Regular review, update and / or develop of employment documentation for nationally recruited staff.
- Support line managers on disciplinary action and grievance procedures and to identify training needs.
- Responsible for all staff induction and orientation on all HR and admin related policies.
- Human resource policies and procedures are maintained, implemented and communicated in line with country legislation and Medair human resource policies.
- Ensure accurate employee records are maintained and update regularly.
- Manage entire employee lifecycle by implementing and maintaining systems related to recruitment, on boarding, case management, staff communication, staff exit management etc.
- Meet the finance and HR related administrative requirements of Medair, donors, local legislation, suppliers, contractors, employees and any other stakeholders, so that the functions run with integrity.
- Prepare the monthly payroll and payments for staff salaries and / or allowances in accordance with local employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and paid.
- Support the GSO Programme Finance Officer (PFO) in reporting to donors.
- Manage and oversee the programme HR and finance staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisal, etc.
- Control and manage the security of in-country cash when held on site and when being transferred..
- Conduct regular internal audits and report immediately any possible fraud or theft.
- Participate in HR working group. Coordinate with other NGOs on issues common to the NGOs.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
Everyone who works as an Internationally Recruited Staff in one of our field programmes must first successfully complete the Medair ROC. Read more for information, dates and related costs.
- Post-qualification management experience in a relevant profession.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferable in a support role.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Problem solving ability, excellent communicator, strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good numerical and report writing skills. Able to build trust and enforce procedures.
- Able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating as required.
- Strong leadership skills. Coaching and training skills.