Internship – HR Employment Administration
Switzerland Global Support Office
Use and develop professional skills in contributing to the employment administration of the Human Resources Department, and provide good quality customer service to Medair’s staff in this area. Duties include, but not limited to, managing the on-boarding process for new starters, personnel files including crisis management files, the GSO Induction schedule, managing bookings for an apartment used by visiting staff members, etc. . Understand and develop knowledge of HR Department processes and systems in supporting the organisation’s humanitarian mandate.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people as well as manage and develop Medair’s people, culture and organisational capacity.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 6 month contract, ideally 1 year.
Key Activity Areas
Employment Administration Responsibilities
- Support the HR departmental responsibilities in employment administration from on-boarding to off-boarding of staff, including but not limited to managing the on-boarding process when new staff join, issuing visa letters and travel request authorisations, manage personnel files and process re-imbursement requests.
- Communicate clearly and timely with employees and other internal stakeholders, be responsive to queries and escalate in a timely manner when delays occur.
- Support the GSO induction week by managing the training and briefing schedule and processing travel requests from participants.
- Ensure personnel files are kept up to date, including crisis management files, and follow up on missing documentation.
- Support the accurate maintenance of HR information systems.
- Participate in short term HR projects, this may include collecting data management for analysis.
- Take initiative for continuous improvement. Solve problems as they arise and/or propose solutions and take initiative in updating procedures and forms whenever needed.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Participate and if possible contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Studying for Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma. Swiss HR training desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Benefits Package provided to International GSO Internship Staff
- Salary of 1670 CHF/month at 100%.
- Holiday allocation.
- Accident, death and disability insurance coverage; health insurance for loss of earnings (> 6 months internship).
- Great working environment.
- The opportunity to work in an organisation where your contributions make a difference for the world’s most vulnerable.
- Strong computer skills, including MS office.
- Good knowledge of Excel and HRIS systems.
- Knowledge in Global taxes.
- Good administrative and organisational abilities, reliable and concerned for details. Flexible, servant minded, and autonomous.
- Quick learner and efficient, ready to take initiative, and able to work in a multicultural team.