Financial Reporting & Treasury Manager
Switzerland Global Support Office
Manage the totality of country project / programme from 3 aspects: scope, time and cost via a tight collaboration with HCPs, country directors and local finance teams, including, but not limited to: prepare and consolidate the Medair (and MSAF) monthly financial statements according to “Month-end closing schedule”, coordinate Medair annual budget and re-forecast process, responsible for the Global Support Office (GSO) budget, analyse progress reported against the work schedules, and recommend actions to improve progress. Prepare and deliver various internal financial statements to the management team, maintain the organisation’s general ledger, and ensure that all transactions and documentation comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) Finance Department, is primarily focused on Medair’s financial and investment decisions, acts as a financial gatekeeper and strategic advisor in daily business operations and also makes mid to long-term strategic decisions for Medair, with streamlined and optimised key processes, via the leveraging of fit-for-purpose systems.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
- For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
March 2020. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Consolidate monthly results per “month-end closing timetable” and prepare annual “month-end closing timetable”.
- Periodically reconcile the key accounts on a needs basis.
- Analyse and report monthly BS and P&L with insights, and distribute them to various stakeholders.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting (e.g. KPI measurement on each key processes and impact into ME closing process), not only in GSO, but also contribute actively in the area of month-end closing with the Field Finance team.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Coordinate Annual Budget and Quarterly forecast.
- Coordinate Medair annual audit with the E*Y auditors.
- Conduct monthly (or quarterly) review meetings with relevant budget holders with GSO budget. Prepare and update GSO budget.
- Highlight actions needed within finance and with other departments after analysing monthly financial statements.
Team management & training
- Collaborate actively with various finance process team lead and field FM to properly coach on personal development and training of required skills of the team members (not just finance, but also non-finance).
- Balance and prioritise the tasks with the team members.
- Actively participate in the overall financial health of Medair projects balances via closely collaborating with other finance team members.
Innovation & changes
- Drive changes to meet the overall Medair Finance function objectives and visions.
- Implement a new finance system.
- Challenge current ways of working / processes, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible, working in very tight collaboration especially with PtoP Specialist.
- Manage Project Accounting databases / systems to ensure timely information update and control.
- Streamline and optimise the key processes related to Project Accounting & Finance / Management.
- Renew mindsets to have proactive approaches on tasks and jobs.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- College/university degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a finance or accounting position required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (especially Excel), deep knowledge in Portfolio, Navigator and other systems as required to be highly productive in performing the job.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, finance, internal control and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with relevant stakeholders to work through issues and operational challenges.
- Strategic mind-set with mid-to-long term view.
- Mindset of continuous-improvement.
- Mindset of proactive approach and preventive control.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
- Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).