Finance Programmes Officer
Switzerland Global Support Office
Responsible for providing financial support to a Country Programme assigned to his/her care. Contribute to the development of Country Programmes strategy by providing financial sustainability, risk and private fund analysis to support informed decision making. Responsible for reviewing project budgets and preparing donor budget templates. They are looking at the global Country budget structure and creating various scenarios analysis on funding for the planned actions. The incumbent advises Programmes on fund management methodology, structure and on best ways to optimize use of resources.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our GSO and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Country Programmes Strategy
- Contribute to the development of Country Programmes strategy by providing financial sustainability, risk and private fund analysis to support informed decision making.
- Contribute to the budgeting process for new donor proposal and for the annual base budgets exercise.
- Prepare project proposal budget in the donor template and the related financial annexes.
- Prepare budget revision and provide donors with more details on proposals budgeting as required.
Monitoring & Analysis
- Analyse projects and grants.
- Update Grant Management tool with additions or changes in projects.
- Coordinate the preparation of cash flow projection for donor grants with inputs from field and logistics.
Field Expenses Coding & Control
- Responsible for reviewing field expenses coding before posting into the accounting software.
- Coordinate the implementation of “Field Connect” – field expenses portal entry – and provide support in the set-up and day-to-day usage.
- Check of bank and safe balances. Check of closing and starting balances for each account.
- Prepare Interim and final financial reports to various donors according to the time schedule set in the signed grant contracts following donor financial guidelines.
- Submit financial reports together with related cash request if due to donors.
- Liaise with donor finance staffs for donor queries related to financial aspect of a signed donor grant.
- Contribute to the coordination of donor audits at GSO and provide necessary guidance to the field.
Support, Coordination & Training
- Provides continuous support to Field Finance and Programmes staff on finance related topics.
- Provides staff going to field location with budgeting and funding training.
- Be in charge of the overall grant management for the donor grants related to the Country Programmes.
- Prepare and monitor grant coverage for the country projects.
- Prepare reports and analysis on Grant coverage, private fund needs and other as required.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree in Finance & Accounting or combination of accounting studies and relevant experience.
- Swiss degrees: “CFC Employé/e de Commerce” degree in accounting sector with 3 years relevant bookkeeping experience or “Brevet Fédéral” in Accountability.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Working knowledge of French (spoken and written) an asset
- Minimum of two years accounting / bookkeeping experience preferably in the NGO sector.
- Grant budgeting / reporting experience and previous work experience with NGO overseas desirable.
- Able to analyse financial data. Independent project management skills desirable.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and good understanding of user application of accounting software packages.
- Organised, able to prioritise and meet deadlines, efficient use of time.
- Flexible, resilient, able to perform in stressful situations.