Audit Team Officer
Switzerland Global Support Office
Check the quality and compliance of our finance records and review certain of our procedures. They will identify this with the help of the field and communicate about non-compliance.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
The aim of the audit team is to contribute to the accountability of the organization to our donors regarding the compliance of our work based on our own procedures and on some donor’s regulations by providing the necessary evidence.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
September 2019. 80-100%, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Performing internal control system (ICS) for finance and monitoring the ICS for other country programs
- Analyze and review expense related to field documents electronically:
– By using quality criteria in alignment with some Logs procedures and with some audit findings.
- check adherence to our Medair procedures done through sample sizes.
- Conduct an ongoing review of the finance documents throughout the year.
- Work of adherence to procedures and completeness for each country throughout the year. Our responsibility is to inform where recurring delays or gaps are identified so that the country team can address the causes of the delays or non-adherence.
- KPI monitoring for completeness of documents on Box.
Assistance during the audits
- Retrieve Fin, HR and Logs (& Programs) documents requested from the auditor sample.
- Analysis of evidences based on compliance with requirements and procedures.
- Reconciliation of our salary costs through supporting documents thanks to the COE.
- Get in touch with the field, other GSO departments and the audit coordinator to facilitate the work.
- Follow-up of the work and handle the auditor queries when possible.
Support Audit preparation process
- Maintain an overview of audit calendar and prepare folder structure accordingly.
- Gather additional documents required by the external auditor.
- Finalize review after project closure to ensure that all required documents are available in the archives to minimize future audit risks.
- Read audit findings & report of our donors for further improvements and accountability.
- Review the completeness of the grant cards regarding the audit requirements.
- Review and advise on the electronic structure of your country Box folder.
Physical records management & Personal project
- Managing the facility for the physical records.
- Take on any personal project assigned in relation with the continuous improvement of the department and processes.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree or CFC (certificat fédéral de capacité).
- 5 years’ experience in office administration.
- Working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written) as a plus.
- A background in electronic document or data storage could be appreciated.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Good communication skills.
- Well organized.
- Analytic and problem solving skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Statistical mind.
- Engaged in his work.
- Proactive mentality.
- Complete work tasks independently.
- Good comprehensive mind.
- Team work.